Monday 20 October 2008

Strontium Dog

Since last week I've felt like someone came along, replaced my hands with pig's trotters and then crept away cackling. Call me paranoid if you like but I've seen the results in my sketchbook go from bad to worse, that and I've found myself rooting around at the base of trees...

Which is where I found this, or so you'd think from the looks of it!

I've been trying, possibly a bit too hard to get some sketches together for the new Judge Dredd script I have sitting on my drawing table... I hate everything I've done to date. I think I've got a bit too precious about it and somehow now I can't draw a thing.

I've booked a ticket and hotel for the Leeds Thought Bubble convention... in an attempt to kick start my creative juices with an injection of deadline adrenalin. Four short weeks away, I hope I can re-learn how to draw in time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

inspiration is a fickle friend; you just have to be patient and it will all come flooding back... :-)

matt dawson said...

I don't know comics that well as you know, but I do know what looks good...and this LOOKS GOOD. This is a very polished bit of inking, if you do this with trotters imagine what you can do with opposable thumbs when inspiration returns from it's long weekend city break away! Easier said than done I know, but try to hold to WHY you like comics and being a comic artist... which is what you are. We all have those days :) See you at 6 sir!

Anonymous said...

I love your drawing of Stront! As Matt said, if you can do that with trotters then when you get your thumbs back you'll be back to being unstoppable.