Friday 8 August 2008

Dredd (page three - inked)

I've inked up page three now. I'm pretty happy with how it's all going right now...



I've deliberately given Dredd's helmet the frown lines - it's something that the under-loved Ron Smith used to do with his Dredd. I never really used to like Ron Smith's work when I was a teenager, but having re-read some of my old 2000AD to get in the mood for this project, I couldn't help but be amazed at how consistent Ron's Judge Dredd is!

Also of note on this page (well I think so) is the Banksy style graffiti artist (wall scrawler) that Dredd is arresting in the bottom left hand panel.

I've recently discovered Paul Rainey's 2000AD Prog Slog Blog. For those of you unfamiliar with 2000AD and its amazing array of characters, it's a great place to get aquainted!

No comments: