Friday 18 July 2008

The Watchmaker Cometh

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy - OH BOY!


No your eyes are not deceiving you, that's Dr. Manhattan! I found this link for the first WATCHMEN trailer over on David Bishop's blog

CHECK IT OUT <<<<< clicky for trailer

Seriously excited! I know I'm not alone in being a huge fan of this book. I still have a residue of trepidation about comic to movie transitions - but really how wrong can they get it? From Alan Moore's highly descriptive script to Dave Gibbon's awesomely cinematic art... there can be no excuses, and from this trailer it looks like they'll not need them.

Billy Crudup looks great as Dr. Manhattan and the intrinsic field separator scene is just jaw dropping.

I'm not going to say all the usual nerdy stuff about how long I've been waiting and how many times I've read it - All I will say is that if you haven't read it, then that is like disregarding Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson because you don't really read adventure stories - Buy it and read it before the movie comes out - you need to.

The official Watchmen website has been updated (you can see the trailer in a variety of resolutions there) and there's also a pretty interesting interview with Dave Gibbons in the Production Diary section too!

2 comments:

Chuck Wells said...

Zack Snyder's previous film work had already assured me that Watchmen was in the right hands.

This trailer absolutely blows me away. Stunning!

The only quibble that I have is with the visual redesigns of Laurie/Silk Spectre and Ozymandias, but I still can't wait to see this movie.

Anonymous said...

Looks pretty special doesnt it?
Can't wait.