Tuesday 8 January 2008

Genetically Modified Creatures

A couple of years ago I did some illustrations for a collector card series called PODZ. Each one was an alien creature. It was a kind of cross between Top-Trumps and Pokemon.

Each creature was supposed to be genetically modified from an Earth animal (with a bit of alien thrown in for interest).
There was a whole launch and product range, but unfortunately the product failed to become a craze. I recently had call to revisit the concept of the "alien" beast and did the illustration below for a meeting I had with a publisher.

I called it a Gorilla Merman, but a friend referred to it as The Merilla I have to say, I think I prefer that name!



You won't have seen them, but here is a taster for the PODZ creatures...

The PODZ creatures are
©Marketing and Promotional Services Ltd. 2006

No comments: